Haywood County Planning Board
- 5:30 p.m.
- 4th Monday of every month, Development Services Conference Room 157 Paragon Parkway Clyde, NC
- The purpose of the Haywood County Planning Board is to:
- Prepare and from time to time amend and revise a comprehensive and coordinated plan for the physical development of the county
- Acquire and maintain in current form such basic information and materials as are necessary for an understanding of past trends, present conditions, and forces at work to cause changes in these conditions
- Establish principles and recommend policies to the Board of County Commissioners for guiding action in the development of the area
- Prepare and recommend to the Board of County Commissioners ordinances promoting orderly development along the lines indicated in the comprehensive plan
- Determine whether specific proposed developments conform to the principles and requirements of the comprehensive plan for growth and improvement of the area
- The Haywood County Planning Board is expected to keep the Board of County Commissioners and the general public informed of these matters and to perform other that may lawfully be assigned to it.
- The Haywood County Planning Board consists of 13 members. Four are representatives of the Town Planning Boards of Canton, Clyde, Waynesville, and Maggie Valley, a representative of the Haywood County Board of Realtors, a representative of the Home Builders Association, the Haywood County Erosion Control Specialist and a representative of the Environmental Health section of Haywood County. The five remaining positions on the Planning Board are at-large members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. These at-large members are chosen from geographically different areas, and two of these must be farmers.
- Vacancies in the Commissioner-appointed positions will be posted to the county website and shared to the publication sunshine list as they occur. The Commissioners interview the applicants and then vote on their appointment in open session.
- Members are appointed to three-year terms.