Engineering Review Board
- Special meetings are called on an as-needed basis
- The Engineering Review Board was established for the purpose of providing direction for the administration of Haywood County’s Slope Ordinance, as well as providing a procedure for appeals.
- The Engineering Review Board has seven members, including a supervisor from the Haywood Soil and Water Conservation District Board (nominated by the Engineering Review Board) and the Chair of the Haywood County Board of Commissioners or their appointee. The Board of County Commissioners appoints the following Engineering Review Board members:
- General contractor or established land-disturber
- Civil Engineer
- Land Surveyor
- Two from the following fields: geologist, soil scientist, engineering geologist, geotechnical engineer, landscape architect, engineering intern
- If no qualified individuals from the designated organizations or groups are available, the Commissioners may appoint members-at-large who have special or unique qualifications relevant to the guidance of the Engineering Board policies. In choosing members-at-large, the Commissioners shall make selections based upon persons having the highest educational background, appropriate experience, and compliant work history.
- Vacancies in the Commissioner-appointed positions are posted to the Haywood County website and distributed to the publication sunshine list as they occur. The Engineering Review Board reviews and interviews applicants, then makes recommendations to the Haywood County Board of Commissioners for appointment. In the event that qualified individuals from the designated organizations or groups are unavailable, the County Commissioners may appoint members-at-large who have special or unique qualifications relevant to the Engineering Review Board and its policies and duties. In choosing at-large members, the County Commissioners will choose the individual with the highest education background, appropriate experience, and compliant work history.
- Members are appointed to three-year terms.