- First Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm
- Waynesville Town Hall Board Room, 9 South Main Street, Waynesville
- The Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial board. Some powers and duties include interpretation, administrative review, conditional uses and variances.
- Five regular and three alternate members are appointed by the Town Alderman (these members live inside the corporate limits). Per Board bylaws, the Board of County Commissioners appoints at least one extra-territorial jurisdiction member (ETJ).
- The Town of Waynesville posts vacancies. If requested, the Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners will cross-post ETJ vacancies on the county website and send to the sunshine publication list. The Waynesville Town Aldermen review applications and make ETJ appointment recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Members are appointed to three year terms.
For more information, visit: https://www.waynesvillenc.gov/board-adjustment