Friends of the Haywood County Public Library
The Friends of the Haywood County Public Library maintain an association of community members interested in libraries through the following activities:
- Focusing public attention on the library
- Lending legislative support where needed
- Receiving and encouraging gifts, endowments, and bequests to the library
- Stimulating the use of the library’s resources and services
- Supporting and cooperating with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Supporting the freedom to read as expressed in the Library Bill of Rights
As a Friend, you will be supporting the hardworking library staff. The Friends provide scholarship assistance so they can engage in continuing education. Funding is provided for special programs and resources the library provides for our community, such as the Summer Reading Program. In July, the Friends host the annual book sale. Volunteers assist with sorting books throughout the year. The Friends raised more than $40,000 last year to support library programs and activities!
Serve on the Board
Serve on the Board as an officer, director, or a committee head, and help with the book sale, activities, membership, and the annual meeting. You may also assist with newsletter writing, bulk mailings, and legislative activities.
To be a Friend of the Haywood County Public Library, fill out a membership form at any library branch. Annual dues help our library to continue to be one of the best - please join, or renew, your membership now! Check your address label for the date of your last contribution to the Friends. If it has been a year, fill out the membership form and send your dues now. Thank you for being a Friend!