WIC Nutrition Program
Haywood County WIC is celebrating World Breastfeeding Week and thanking moms who have breastfed, plan to breastfed, or are breastfeeding! Breastfeeding contributes to the improved survival, health, and wellbeing of all moms and babies. Please follow the links below for additional resources.
Virtual Breastfeeding Support: Ready Set Baby
In Person Breastfeeding Support
Breastfeeding Support for Return to Work/School
Breastfeeding and COVID-19
June 8, 2021
Voluntary Recall: Beech - Nut Stage 1, Single Grain Rice Cereal
Please discard of this product immediately.
The information for the specific lot of recalled Beech-Nut Stage 1,Single Grain Rice Cereal:
UPC Code: # 52200034705
Expiration date of 01MAY2022
Product codes: 103470XXXX or 093470XXXX
For more information and for exchange/refund information please visit: https://www.beechnut.com/ricecereal or call: 1-866-272-9417
Haywood County WIC is excited to start seeing participants again! Contact the office for questions about whether your next appointment will be in the office or over the phone.
The WIC program improves the health and well-being of women, infants, and children by providing nutritious food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, referrals, and free language assistance. For more information about WIC or to schedule an appointment, please contact us by phone or follow the referral link below and WIC staff will contact you!
Call 828-356-2221 to reach WIC directly
Interested in WIC? Visit: WIC Referral Link
WIC is for eligible:
- Fill out the prescreening tool to see if you may be eligible for WIC: WIC Prescreening Tool
- Those on Medicaid, Work First, and recipients of food stamps automatically qualify for WIC.
What WIC Provides
Nutritious Foods, such as:
- Whole-wheat bread, brown rice, whole-wheat and soft-corn tortillas
- Fruits and vegetables
- Soy-based beverages
Dried or canned beans, peas, and lentils
- Peanut butter
- Infant foods
- At Haywood County WIC participants work with a registered dietitian nutritionist to discuss individualized questions, concerns, and goals surrounding nutrition and health.
Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Haywood County WIC is dedicated to educating and supporting families with breastfeeding and has a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor on staff to provide assistance and referrals to community breastfeeding support.
- WIC helps connect families to local health and social services as needed.
Contact Us Today!