Women, Infants, Children (WIC)
- Additional Formula Options for WIC Families
- WIC Temporary Formula Options
- Additional Formula Options for WIC Participants - Gerber Products
- Additional Formula Options for WIC Participants - Gerber Products (Spanish)
WIC Nutrition Program
Haywood County WIC is inviting families back to the office! Please call us with questions about our current services. 828-356-2221
WIC is a no-cost program that improves the health and well-being of women, infants, and children by providing nutritious food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, referrals, and free language assistance. For more information about WIC or to schedule an appointment, please contact us by phone or follow the referral link below and WIC staff will contact you!
Call 828-356-2221 to reach WIC directly
Interested in WIC? Visit: WIC Referral Link
Follow us on Facebook: Haywood County WIC Facebook
- WIC is for eligible:
- Children up to 5 years
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Women who had had a baby in the last 6 months
- Those on Medicaid, Work First, and recipients of food stamps automatically qualify for WIC.
- Fill out the prescreening tool to see if you may be eligible for WIC: WIC Prescreening Tool
- Such as: milk cereal, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, juice, cheese, tofu, yogurt, soy beverages, beans, peanut butter, eggs and infant foods.
- At Haywood County WIC participants work with a registered dietitian nutritionist to discuss individualized questions, concerns, and goals surrounding nutrition and health.
Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Haywood County WIC is dedicated to educating and supporting families with breastfeeding and has a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor on staff to provide assistance and referrals to community breastfeeding support.
- WIC participants are eligible for breastfeeding supplies, including breast pumps.
- WIC helps connect families to local health and social services as needed.
Free Language Assistance
- Interpreting services are available at no cost.